Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's Spring! It's Spring!

Image thanks to weheartit.com


It's finally here! Spring!
I know there are going to be a lot of posts all over the blogosphere relating to this topic but I couldn't resist singing it from the rooftops...'It's Spring! It's Spring!'

I honestly love all the seasons. There is something about each change that fills me with excitement and anticipation. But nothing compares to the promise of Spring.

To me, Winter seemed long and cold. The last few weeks seemed particularly dreary in this pocket of the world. It rained....copiously. Rainy days stretched into rainy nights....Yawn!

Usually, I love a good dose of rain. Snuggling up under a blanket with a cuppa and a book is my idea of heaven. But day after day? Cue insanity.
Four kids, trapped in a house is not my idea of fun; They whinge, moan and bicker.....I mean they do this normally anyway, but it's even worse when you can't kick them outside to continue their carry-on in the fresh air.

Another thing I despise about continuous rain is doing the school run. My children's school is quite possibly the muddiest place on earth. It is essential to be outfitted in gumboots, umbrella and the full regalia of wet weather gear to navigate the place. Inevitably we all end up in the car, soaked through and chilled to the bone. Is it any wonder that my car reeks of wet sock?

It also seems, that in wet weather, our house becomes the hideout of choice for every description of creepy crawly there is. Typically I'm not that bothered with them; I don't mind sharing.
The weird looking cricket thing in the bathtub last night?  Make yourself at home.
The Ants on a crumb quest in the lounge room? Go ahead, there is plenty to go around.
But, I draw the line at the massive huntsman that crawled up the wall behind me as I ate dinner the other night.
My husband muttered something about 'hysterical females' after I screamed my head off. All I know is that thing was huge, for all I know it was eyeing me up for it's dinner.

So, the arrival of Spring is a cause for celebration. I'm sure that in a month or two I'll be complaining about the heat, the abundance of mosquitoes and flies setting up camp.......but for now 'It's Spring! It's Spring!'

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to be posting my ode to Spring tonight. Thank God winter is over!

    Best wishes and I loved this post!
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to reply to this when a voice on the radio said 'It's the first of September, Summer is officially over'.

    Hmmm, we are moving into Autumn and I soooo envy you! Winter is not my favorite time of year so I'm hoping for lots of sunny posts from over the water to cheer me up in the months ahead :)x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like Chocolate Cake...I can't get enough!