Friday, September 2, 2011

Letting Down my Hair!

Thanks for the image Disney!

OK. So I don't actually have  that much hair. But I'm talking figuratively here.
I'm letting my hair down in the sense that I'm about to embark on a crazy, wacky weekend of fun and frivolity with some crazy and wacky people.

Without children. That's right; Without Children! (Cue music and confetti)Unheard of, but it is happening!

This weekend is my Sister's Hens. Most people usually have a Hens night...but not my Sister - a Hens weekend it is....this is coming from the girl who has a 'Birthday week' mind you. 

Although I am really looking forward to it, I'm also apprehensive. I love having a break from my babies, but I generally spend the whole time worrying about the little darlings. Are they torturing their Father? Have they trashed the house yet? Have they eaten anything other than tinned spaghetti? You know, that kind of worrying.

I also worry about being the daggiest person there. I don't just worry about it, it's really a given, I will be the daggiest person there. My wardrobe is positively prehistoric, there is barely an item in there that is less than 5 years old. All of it is decidedly Mumsy. I guess I can't really get away with wearing jeans and a jumper now can I?

I will also probably be the oldest person there. My sister is six years younger than me which means that all her friends are probably six years younger also. So, not only will I be the daggiest...I will also be the Grandma of the party. May as well take my Grandma blanket and some knitting while all the young folk engage in merriment and shenanigans.

Despite all my hangups, I'm sure that I'm going to have a brilliant time. I get to hang out with some of my favourite people. I get to dress up (albeit daggily) and yes, I get to 'Let my hair down'.




2 comments:

  1. Oh, don't be crazy Lene! You're gorgeous. Hardly Grandma material. Have a ball. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like Chocolate Cake...I can't get enough!