Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ode to Coffee




Ahhhhhhh, Coffee. Nectar of the gods. Manna from heaven. How I love thee.
Every morning I wake up to your bitter-sweet smell, a large cup usually freshly brewed and lying on my bedside table, placed there by my adoring Husband - of course he knows that if I don't get my morning coffee I turn into a rabid banshee.

You give me the energy to face the day, no matter the earliness of the hour awoken by certain small people, no matter the poor quality of sleep the night before (due once again to the aforementioned small people)

First thing in the morning I may tolerate you in the instant form, but later in the day you must be purchased in the frothy-milky-cafe-style form. A feast for my senses, a revelation, my one true vice (other than chocolate cake of course)

Sometimes I may sip tea or hot chocolate...but I will always return to you, coffee, my one true love. I feel like I need to ingest you to live...to get by and although I limit myself to two cups of a day those two cups are heaven, bliss and I savour them.

So, today Coffee, I celebrate you  (due to one beer too many last night and another sleepless night)

11 comments:

  1. I have to go have a coffee now Ive read this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell.....so will I! I've already had my quota for the day, but I won't tell anyone if you don't Nig! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. Coffee is God. I'm not a total addict - I can only stomach one coffee a day, but sweet lord, I relish and enjoy that one cup down to the very last drop. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean! I generally only have the two cups a day but I really, really adore those two cups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hearing you! I had dedicated a few blogs posts to my love of coffee too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand why Amy! I will probably do a few more in time too! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Love it! Have to say my vice is tea. I'm a big tea drinekr - especially English Breakfast and Chai!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very fitting tribute I completely agree with! Ahhh coffee...because you can sleep when you're dead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh love a good coffee! often saves the day at my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kellie; I love a good cup of tea too, but in the mornings and when out I have to have coffee, coffee, coffee.
    @Alison; Absolutely! Certainly can sleep when I'm dead....I'm not getting any now!
    @jody; Saves the day in my house too...all day...everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lene! Stopping by as I saw you joined up to Write On Wednesdays at Digital Parents. So pleased to see you there, we should be ready to go with the first writing exercise this Tues/Wed if you are still up for it!

    This is a lovely ode to coffee, it IS nectar from the gods, what a great way to describe it. We have not had coffee in the house for the past few days and I have had to head into town to buy a take away each morning.

    Gill xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like Chocolate Cake...I can't get enough!