Monday, September 26, 2011

Quickest Chocolate Brownies

I was recently given Jamie Oliver's 30 Minute Meals. As a bit of a Jamie fan I was really excited about the recipes it contained. The concept of cooking a wonderful meal in 30 minutes really appealed to me.

Since having this book I have created an array of meals that are quick, easy and incredibly tasty. I have to admit, however, that the '30 minute' time frame is a tad optimistic. I'm sure that a talented chef like Jamie in a kitchen with all the gizmo's and gadgets and most importantly no interruptions, whizzes through these meal plans. But me? With four children and a disorganised kitchen where half my appliances are either dead or dying? I think 45 minutes is a bit more realistic.

Anyways; I am waaaay off topic here. What I want to share today is a recipe that in essentials is Jamie's, but I have done my usual and butchered it to suit me. This is, quite frankly, the quickest brownie recipe going....and is pretty yummy to boot.

Ingredients;

200 grams dark chocolate
250 grams unsalted butter
200 grams caster sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 heaped tablespoons self raising flour
4 eggs
chopped nuts (optional)

Firstly chop up the chocolate roughly and cut up the butter into chunks. But both into the food processor and add the caster sugar, cocoa, flour. Blend together in the processor. Crack in the eggs one at a time while the motor is running. Once it is all mixed together spoon the mixture into a lined and greased tin. If you're adding nuts sprinkle them over the top. Now bake in a preheated oven for approx 15 minutes. With brownies you ideally want them to be cooked on the top but a little gooey on the inside. Mmmmmm! Serve with cream, ice cream...anything you like!

I would also like to note that some of the chocolate didn't process properly in my food processor. Don't worry if this happens to you as you will only end up with some lovely melty chunks through your brownie.....delicious!

For more Jamie head over to his awesome website.....JamieOliver.com

2 comments:

  1. They look really good Lene. The quicker the better as far as I'm concerned. Love Jamie!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iv made this and they come out amazing

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like Chocolate Cake...I can't get enough!