Friday, June 3, 2011

Heart Thinking

At the moment I'm struggling with a decision. The choice has to be made and it's not an easy one.

The problem, the question, the dilemma is; do I base the decision on what is logical, practical and pragmatic or do I go with my gut feeling, my instinct, my heart?

Do I conform to what I think I should do, or do I follow what I feel I should do? In other words do I follow my head or my heart?

When I ponder the consequences of taking the practical approach I feel determined and focused. Sacrifices have to be made to get ahead, I just need to toughen and make them. Trouble is when I think about this choice I also feel awkward, distracted and discontent.

Contemplating the heart choice makes me feel warm, relieved, content and happy. It also comes with a fair amount of worry....but you know what? I can live with that.

The heart is the core of human existence. Everything I am and will be comes from this core.

Thinking with the heart makes me feel at peace, it makes me feel relaxed and open. Of course it makes no logical sense but to be perfectly frank, I don't give a damn. I'm opening myself up to where I want to be, and deep down, in my heart, I know I've made the right choice.

2 comments:

  1. Good on your for being true to yourself.
    Look forward to see what the choice is about.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess, I know I'm being a bit evasive but all will be revealed in time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like Chocolate Cake...I can't get enough!