Friday, May 20, 2011

Lament of the Lost Boosies

When I was a teenager I had fabulous boobs. They were large, they were perky, they were the bane of my existence. Being around five foot tall and quite petite they dominated my whole body - a feature that several of the boys at school didn't fail to notice.....much to my dismay.
    What I wanted was to be inconspicuous, to put my head down a hole and wait out those mortifying and awkward teenage years. What I got was ridicule from some of the girls and points and snigger's from the pimply boys in the throes of hormone-crazed puberty.

My boosie wah-wahs were completely wasted on me. I hid them under daggy jumpers in the high heat of Summer. My shoulders were permanently slouched, I wore ghastly minimising sports bras.
   Now, I look back on photos of myself at around 15 or 16 and I feel a sense of loss. I lament the diminishing of my beautiful boobies.
Gravity, three pregnancies and years of breastfeeding have sent them to boobie damnation. They are showing their age - just like the rest of me. Heading south for the Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn.
    Push-up bras are now my best friends. Low cut tops and clingy shirts are everyday items in my wardrobe. The years of hiding and pretending I don't have boobies like Pammy are far behind me. Now, they're all out for everyone to see.....too bad you need a damn magnifying glass to see anything.
  The days of having a fabulous decolletage may be over - it's really too bad that I didn't appreciate them when I had them - but with maturity and Motherhood has come an acceptance of who I am......tiny boosies and all.




FYBF

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I hear ya on this one! I've worn a bra since I was 10... almost 20 years later and and those suckers are still huge, but much further south thanks to their massive size.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like Chocolate Cake...I can't get enough!