Monday, April 11, 2011

Mums don't get sick!

This morning when I woke up I knew something wasn't right. My head ached, my throat was on fire, when I stood up the room dipped and swayed.

I had broken the "rule", the unwritten rule of Motherhood..............Mums don't get sick!

As a Mother getting nurtured when you are sick is a thing of the past. We are the nurturers and that role does not come to a grinding halt when one feels like death.
      Remember the days when you were sick and you rested, I mean actually rested.
No one asking for a drink or a snack or to have their bottom wiped. No one asking you to play with them - who has the energy or inclination to make Lego towers or play tea parties when you're running a temperature of 39C and having trouble keeping your lunch down?

It is solid fact that it's impossible to rest when at home with a two year old. She bounces off the walls, eats sultanas off the floor, (the 10 second rule is alive and kicking in this house) sticks her finger in my ear while I try to rest on the couch and plays with the water in the toilet while I'm in the other one........nice.

All I can say is thank goodness for television. It is times like this that the "idiot box" comes into it's own as the ultimate babysitter. I am also incredibly thankful for the packaged frozen food in my freezer. For some reason I actually bought some the other day although I'm more of a "make it from scratch" kinda girl. Tonight it will be my saviour.

Then I'll tuck them into bed and I may finally get some rest to try to recover before tomorrow. Motherhood.....don't you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like Chocolate Cake...I can't get enough!