Friday, April 8, 2011

Chocolate and condensed milk truffles.

These are so yummy, so easy and this recipe makes so many that you'll be eating them for a week - although I eat so much of the mixture while I'm cooking that they only last a day or two at my house. You could add all matter of different ingredients to this, my girlfriend adds sultanas, for adults you could add a splash of alcohol. Do with it what you will!

Ingredients;
250 gram packet of biscuits ( I use Milk Arrowroot)
1/3 cup of cocoa
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 can (395 grams) of condensed milk

Process biscuits in a food processor ( or else smash them up in a zip lock bag with a rolling pin - it's surprisingly fun & therapeutic!)
Pour the crushed biscuits in a bowl, add the cocoa and the half of the coconut.
Make a well in the centre, add the condensed milk and mix well. Now put the mixture in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes or so. This will make rolling them so much easier.
Put the remaining coconut on a plate. Roll the chilled mixture into balls, roll in the coconut and put in a airtight container to store in the fridge.
Kids love to help with the rolling part, although it can get a little messy!
This is a lovely treat to share for afternoon tea when the kids get home from school or even better, to have with a sneaky cup of tea and keep them all to yourself!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love these, I usually only make them at Christmas because they're evil and just sooo delicious!! I have to hide them from hubby otherwise the kids miss out :). Now that I've read this, I think I'm going to have to make a 'non-christmas' batch x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to save these for Christmas as well, but then decided they were just too nice for once a year! Now we enjoy them at least once a month but no more than that....I eat so many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love these! When I make them they disappear so fast. I have not made them for ages - thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like Chocolate Cake...I can't get enough!