Friday, March 11, 2011

"Banana Bread"




I love baking this kind of thing for my children, although it's laden with butter & sugar (two of my favourite ingredients) it always makes me feel like I'm serving them something wholesome. This recipe is a godsend, it simply does not fail - you can make it again and again and be assured that it will be perfection every time. I have been baking this for years, I hope you love it as much as I do.......

Ingredients;
125grams butter, softened.
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2tsp bicarb soda
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1/4 cup maple syrup (golden syrup works as well)
You can also add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or 1 cup chopped dates at the end if you wish.

Method;
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Gradually add the eggs and beat well.
Fold through flour, baking powder, bicarb, nutmeg & cinnamon, stir well. Incorporate bananas & maple syrup until mixed through.
Pour the batter into a greased and lined baking tin and bake for approx 45minutes.
Serve with lashings of butter & the obligatory cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like Chocolate Cake...I can't get enough!