Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thank goodness for little girls!


When most people discover that I have two boys and two girls they usually jump to the same conclusion;
'You'll have your hands full with those boys' They assume. 'I bet the boys really wear you out' They observe.

Actually, to be perfectly honest the boys don't really exhaust me at all.....I guess they do have their moments...all children do, but the boys are rarely the main cause of my continuous tiredness.

The girls  are a different story. Parents of other little girls make speak of how sweet, placid and well-behaved their little darlings are. I'm perfectly sure all of it is true. My girls however appear to be a contradiction of the general 'sugar and spice and all things nice' rule. They seem to have ended up with not so much sugar...and a whole lot of spice.

If there is trouble, chaos and mayhem in our household I can promise you there will be a sweet, angelic girl right in the middle of it all. If there are death-defying stunts to be had the girls are the ones who are participating...while the boys watch on, apprehensive, wary and just a little bit scared (of the girls that is)

Sparky and vivacious, cheeky and wild, silly and determined. These words sum up my darling daughters aptly. Hopefully these attributes will serve them well as they grow older and they'll venture out into the world taking all their verve and joie de vivre with them.

Thank goodness for little girls I say, they make my world a crazy, mad, wild and sunny place.







2 comments:

  1. Hi Lene! Hope you're having a nice weekend. I was always envious of people who had all girls. I have one of each as you know. But I always thought ALL girls were sweet and quiet and moody and temperamental (like mine). I never thought your girls would be a cause for concern for you. I'm always willing to let you have my son for a couple days, just so you can compare? Any takers? Anyone? LOL

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are just beautiful Lene and I'm certain if I had girls there wouldn't be too much sugar about them either lol!

    BTW thinking of doing a Brisbane blogger get together in the coming months. Put a forum topic on DPs if you're interested :).

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like Chocolate Cake...I can't get enough!